Monday, June 15, 2009

i light my own fires now.


i struggled to think of an interesting and relevant picture to my day today so i grabbed the closest prop. who doesn't love coke? well, me, for one, but that's besides the point.

oh my gosh i've been slacking meracking on the updates but now that i have my very first follower my blogging zest has been restored! hey, kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you!

well i'll just start off by letting the world know that in my not posting for the past few days... nobody has missed much. in fact, you'll be able to get a quick recap if you just go to urbanoutfitters.com, put in the newest kanye CD and pump the volume up really loud, and turn on an episode of the hills. yup, that about sums it up. urban pretty much owns my life, but i can't complain coz i gotta get that papah.

so i think it's time for me to finally share my thoughts on LA thus far. most of this has come through working at the urban on melrose, but also a bit from my internships in hollywood and also just putzing around in general:

-most people are generally friendlier out here, and definitely more laid-back. the rule is that people are nice and the exception is snobbery... whereas where i come from it's the opposite.

- the gays are taking over and it's pretty rad.

- the weather is actually not what everyone tried to convince me it'd be. my first week out here it was sunny and warm everyday and now it's just a whole bunch of strange. it will be sunny and warm for a few hours and then completely cloud up and drizzle a bit. also, somebody told me it never rained and it's rained 4 or 5 times since i've been here. idk if i brought this weather with me or what, but sunny california has not been as sunny as i was lead to believe it was. everybody calls it "june gloom" but i call it "june suck" and/or "this isn't how california was described to me." i am supposed to be getting sunburnt, damnit.

- LA is not really what everybody expects as far as "everyone is beautiful there" and "it's so expensive and full of rich people." hollywood, maybe, but LA is really just a city like any other, meaning that it has more than its fair share of "normal" people. i feel like the glamour that everyone associates with LA is just a projection- hollywood and beverly hills are like that, but mostly everywhere else is just regular people living their regular lives. this does not apply to night life, however, because the supermodels definitely come out of hiding when the lights go down.

- thai food does not taste like east coast thai food. i'm undecided as to whether i approve.

- mexican food. lots of it.

- i'm getting tired of these bullet points but i just wanted to share a few as they were on my mind. more as they come to me.

in the same grain, overall, i like LA so far. i'm still getting used to it because it's such a different place than any of the east coast cities i'm used to, but i welcome the change. yesterday i decided that i don't really miss boston, but i definitely miss the people there. shout-out to my bostonian lovers. i also miss doylestown a little bit, but only because of a select few.

tonight is a night off which is BITCHIN'. i think i'm going to sit on my arse and watch instant netflix and/or finish up the last season of the L word. okay i'm tired of writing, bye.

puddle dive: rode all the way to work this morning before realizing i forgot my u-lock and had to turn around.

puddle jump: no urban tonight which means i get to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment